Learn how to create a selection of random points from a List of Points by using surface roughness to filter the points based on volume.
1. Set-up: Import your part, convert it to a mesh, and use the Remesh Surface block to create an even mesh.
2. Use the block Random Points on Mesh.
3. Since we will be filtering by volume, we want to create a volume that covers some of the points randomly.
- Add a Surface Roughness block
- Insert your model as the Body
- Edit the Roughness frequency, amplitude, and seed value to change your results
4. Add the Filter Points by Volume Custom Block
- Use the Surface Roughness as the Volume input
- Set the Region to Outside
5. Duplicate the Filter Points by Volume custom block
- Set the Region to Inside to create the opposite selection of Points (if needed)
And that’s it! You’ve successfully created two random selections from a list of Points.
Are you still having issues? Contact the support team, and we’ll be happy to help!