This article explains how to install the nTopology MSI using the Command Prompt. Command prompt installs are useful to organizations requiring IT professionals or System administrators to deploy software. Command prompt installs can enable logging, which may be useful for troubleshooting.
- Windows 10
- Command Prompt
- Create a directory to save the MSI and log files. For this example, C:\nTopology
- Save a copy of the latest MSI to C:\nTopology. For this example, nTop-2.26.4.msi
- Right-click the Windows Start button and select Windows System > Command Prompt.
- At the prompt type:
msiexec /i "c:\nTopology\ntop-2.26.4.msi" /L*V mylog.log
- The text /L*V enables verbose logging, creating the log file mylog.log.
- Complete the install by following the prompts.
Are you still having issues? Contact the support team, and we’ll be happy to help!