Learn how to select/extract mesh faces from a larger mesh body (surface or solid).
- Lattices, meshing techniques, lattice body from Quad mesh workflows
Sometimes extracting CAD faces and turning them into meshes doesn't give us the surface we need. In these situations, the beta block, Filter Mesh by Flood Fill, allows you to select certain faces from a mesh. It works like the Boundary selection block, Boundary by Flood fill, to choose mesh faces. This can be useful to create a continuous mesh to create a lattice from (ex. using Lattice Body from Quad Mesh).
1. Convert your part to a mesh or start with a mesh
2. Add a Filter Mesh by Flood fill block
- Insert your mesh into the mesh input
- Move the origin near the surface you want to extract
- Set the angle for selection and an optional direction
And that’s it! You’ve successfully selected mesh faces from a mesh.
Are you still having issues? Contact the support team, and we’ll be happy to help!