Preview is a brand new state or mode of nTopology that we introduced in version 3.0 to give you the opportunity to experience the power and capabilities of nTopology without purchasing a full license. With the release of 3.0, you also have the ability to activate a full functionality 14-day free trial. Below, you’ll find all the information necessary to get started today!
Create an account, download, and install
To get started, visit app.ntopology.com/signup and create an account today. Once you sign up and verify your email address, you’ll have the ability to download and install the latest version of nTopology.
Review these helpful articles to learn more about system requirements and installation:
- nTopology Platform System and Licensing Requirements
- nTopology Cloud Licensing FAQ
- nTopology Cloud Licensing Whitelisting Guide
- nTopology Cloud Licensing Proxy Settings Guide
Experience the capabilities of nTopology
Once you log into nTopology, you’ll be greeted by our Home screen, which provides you with exciting example files and learning resources. You can also open existing files from this Home screen.
Open an example file by clicking on the thumbnail of the file you’d like to view. A series of hints will appear and guide you through your first journey. Hints will automatically appear on the first launch in Preview mode and on the first launch in Trial. Hints can always be reopened.
With this preview version of nTopology, you can:
- Preview nTop Notebooks and experience the power of reusable workflows.
- Change the inputs of a workflow to see models update in real-time.
- Expand blocks to view their content and toggle the visibility to render their outputs.
- Start your free trial or contact an nTop Expert to speak about your application and purchase a license.
You can also:
- Take section cuts of a model by selecting View > Section Cut or by pressing the hotkey “x”.
- View the field of a model by selecting the View > Field Viewer or by pressing the hotkey “f”.
With this Preview of nTopology, you cannot perform the following actions:
- Add blocks
- Delete blocks
- Modify the body of a notebook
- Import data (unless a variable file path is in the input section of a notebook)
- Export data
Activate your 14-day trial
You also have the opportunity to activate a 14-day full functionality free trial. To activate your trial, select the “Activate Trial” button located at the top right of nTopology user interface. This will open a hint, which contains an “Activate Now” button. Pressing this button will take you to your nTopology account.
You’ll be asked to provide some additional information about yourself in order to activate your trial. If you’ve already provided this information, the fields will be automatically populated.
Once you submit your information, you’ll be asked to relaunch nTopology in order for the software to switch from the Preview mode to the full functionality trial. Note: Your 14-day trial begins the moment you press the “Activate Trial” button on the form in your nTopology account.
Once your 14-day license has expired, nTopology will automatically revert back to the Preview mode. You’ll still be able to open and interact with any files you created while you were in a trial. You’ll also be able to update to new releases.
Ready for the next step?
Before, during, or after your trial, you always have the opportunity to engage with an nTop expert. Do you have an application in mind? Would you like to see a demo? Or would you like to purchase a license? Select the “Let’s Talk” button at the top right of the user interface in nTopology or select the same button on your Home page in your nTopology account. Fill out the form and an nTop expert will get back to you shortly.