This article explains how to create an FE Mesh composed of tetrahedral elements, useful for simulation workflows.
- Start with a surface mesh of regularly sized polygons. See How to Create a Surface Mesh for additional details.
- Volume Mesh is effective if the input domain is mostly error-free.
- Alternately Tetrahedral Mesh is exceptionally tolerant of complex geometry.
- Add an FE Mesh block and specify the geometric order:
- Linear inserts nodes at the vertices of elements.
- Quadratic inserts mid-side nodes along the straight edges of elements.
- Curved elements are not supported.
- Right-click on the FE Mesh block to Export as an INP, CDB, BDF, K, or UNV.
Watch the video for a demonstration!