nTop Platform supports multi-body parts and treats imported parts as collections of Bodies; even if the CAD Part only contains a single body. Therefore, downstream operations require identifying the specific CAD Body by creating a CAD Body Variable or converting it into an Implicit Body. To perform this action:
- Start with an Imported Part.
- Double-click any face to select an entire body; note single-clicks select only the specific face.
- Right-clicking the highlighted Body and select one of two options:
- Create CAD Body Variable
- Convert CAD Body to Implicit Body
- Either option adds a block that can be an input to other operations.
- Select faces, edges, and vertices of CAD parts with a single click.
Watch the video for a demonstration!