If the system displays the "Failed to load Interop Plugin" when trying to import CAD files, there are a few potential solutions.
- Previous nTop releases installed CAD translators to the user's local directory. Unfortunately, this creates an issue if an administrator account was required to install the program. Updating to version 1.12.4 or newer fixes this.
- With release 1.13.8 or newer, ensure to install the application with the latest *.MSI file. Get the most recent version at https://app.ntopology.com/. You may want to uninstall any existing copies of nTop to reset system settings.
- The install file path must only include US-ASCII characters. If this is the case, reinstall the application with a new file path.
If you are still experiencing this issue, take the following steps to troubleshoot:
- Open the Windows Registry Editor
- Browse to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\nTopology\nTop
- As shown below, verify the IOP registry key is C:\Program Files\nTopology\nTop\Interop\
- If the registry key is different, submit a support request.