Learn how to perform a Static Analysis.
1. Run a Static Analysis (be sure you have completed the workflow up to the How to use Boundary Conditions article)
- Add a Static Analysis block.
- Insert the FE Model into the Model input.
- Add the Force BC to the BC List input (the error appears because the model needs to be restrained for the simulation to run).
- Press the '+' in the BC List to add another input.
- Insert the Restraint BC into the new input slot.
2. Reading the Results
Once you run an analysis, a Heads Up Display (HUD) will appear showing the results. The HUD allows you to toggle through several different types of results and allows you to edit the upper and lower bounds of each.
The Displacement results show you how much your model moves under the given boundary conditions. You can see a scaled version of the displacement by clicking the Displacement checkmark and sliding the Scale Factor up. You can view either the Total or Directional displacement by changing the second combo box from the top of the HUD.
With the Strain option, you can view the Principal Strain for Min, Mid, and Max, or the Strain of Components.
With Stress, you can view the Von Mises Stress, the Principle Stress, or the Components Stress.
With Reaction Forces, you can see the Total or Directional forces within the model.
And that’s it! You’ve successfully run a Static Analysis.
Are you still having issues? Contact the support team, and we’ll be happy to help!
Move on to the next article in this series and learn how to create a Point Map from the Results.
Download the Example file:
- How can I create a Surface Mesh?
- How to Create an FE Mesh
- How to Create an FE Model
- How to Select Boundaries of an FE Mesh - FE Boundary by Body
- How to Select Boundaries of an FE Mesh - FE Boundary by Flood Fill
- How to use Boundary Conditions
- How to use Simulation Results to Create a Point Map or Field
After I run my Static Analysis, the displacement scale bar which allows animation is not available for me. I can see the result however the scrollable bar which allows visualization is not visible in the Static Analysis result block. What can be done to fix this problem?
Please sign in to leave a comment.