Learn how to create a Surface Mesh.
- Topology Optimization
Creating a Surface Mesh requires discretizing 3D geometry into polygons.
1. Set-Up: Start with any CAD Body or Implicit Body.
2. Convert: Create a Mesh from Implicit Body block or Mesh from CAD Body block, respectively.
- Insert the CAD Body or the Implicit Body in the Body Input
- If you used Mesh from Implicit Body, set the Feature Size to about less than half the smallest detail in the part
3. Refine: Add a Remesh Surface block. This helps create equally sized polygons, eliminating errors down the road.
- Right-click on the Edge Length input and select 'Create Variable'. This will allow you to easily change the Edge Length of the Remesh and use the same value in Volume meshing blocks.
4. Optional: Right-click on a Mesh block to Export as STL, OBJ, or PLY.
And that’s it! You’ve successfully created a surface mesh on your part.
Are you still having issues? Contact the support team, and we’ll be happy to help!