Learn how to export STL, OBJ, or PLY files.
In order to export STL, OBJ, or PLY files, you will need a mesh since these are mesh formats.
1. Convert your part to a Mesh. Common blocks for conversion are:
- Mesh from Implicit Body
- Mesh from CAD Body
- Mesh from Voxel Grid
2. Optional: Refine the mesh using one or more of the following blocks:
- Remesh Surface
- Refine Mesh
- Simplify by Amount
- Simplify by Threshold
- Find more tips on refining here
3. Export the Mesh
- Add an Export Mesh block. This allows you to define units, file locations, and file type for a repeatable workflow.
- Right-click the final mesh block and select Export for fast one-off exports
And that’s it! You’ve successfully exported a mesh file.
Are you still having issues? Contact the support team, and we’ll be happy to help!