Learn how to build a honeycomb lattice on a CAD face.
1. Set-Up: Import your CAD Part
2. Extract Faces:
- Turn the surface of the CAD Body into a CAD Face Variable
3. Reparameterize the Nozzle Face:
- Use a Reparameterize CAD Face block so the Lattice knows where to start and stop and which direction to flow. This is how we apply a UVW space to CAD Face, which is essentially a surface's local XYZ coordinate space. No matter the size or shape of a surface, we can apply a UVW space.
4. Apply a Honeycomb Lattice to the Nozzle:
- Generate a lattice with the Conformal Lattice from CAD Face block. The Unit Type drop-down menu offers many types of lattices for use. This example uses the Triangular Honeycomb option
5. Thicken the Honeycomb Lattice:
- Add an Offset Body block and input the lattice (this will convert it to an Implicit Body)
- Set the thickness value (will thicken in both directions)
Optional: Convert the main body into an Implicit Body and Boolean Union with the lattice to create one part.
And that’s it! You’ve successfully created a honeycomb lattice on a CAD Face.
Are you still having issues? Contact the support team, and we’ll be happy to help!