Learn how to use the Field Viewer.
The Field Viewer, located in the View menu, enables you to preview the values of Implicits and Real Fields.
The Field-Viewer, using a plane in space, displays the distance field from the model’s boundary in the form of radiating white lines. Follow along with a new instance of nTop:
- Add a Sphere
- Go to the View tab on the menu bar and then select Field Viewer.
- A floating window will appear in the viewport.
- Select the object to analyze by typing the name of the block into the Object input.
- Determine the location of the field viewer, the resolution of the field, and the millimeter spacing at which the field is sampled.
Instead of loading the Field-Viewer from the View tab, click on the block whose field you want to view and press the hotkey “F”
- How can I see the inside of my part?
- What is the Notebook and how do I use blocks?
- What is the difference between Duplicate with References and Duplicate?