nTop Platform is natively 64-Bit and requires Windows 10 Pro, 64 Bit. nTopology does not support Windows 10 Home, any version of Windows Server, or Windows 7.
The application is not compatible with Mac OS or Linux.
For inquiries regarding compatibility, please contact nTopology support.
The following specifications are the minimum requirements for nTop Platform.
Intel i7 or AMD Ryzen 7 with 3 GHz clock speed minimum.
Additional CPU cores may provide a significant boost in performance.
16 GB of RAM
At least 64 GB of RAM is suggested for complex meshing and simulation workflows.
nTop Platform requires an OpenGL 4.0 compliant graphics card with 4GB VRAM minimum. We recommend NVIDIA Quadro, AMD FirePro, or AMD Radeon Pro WX series.
For NVIDIA graphics cards enabling High-performance graphics card settings through the NVIDIA Control Panel may be necessary.
Graphics Card Drivers
Obtain the most recent drivers from your graphics card manufacturer.
We suggest a Solid State Drive (SSD) with at least 10% free space for optimal performance.
Does nTop Platform access the cloud?
- nTop Platform is a standalone application that operates locally on your desktop. However, we connect to cloud services for license authentication and account management. We offer local licensing options for enterprise customers.
Does nTopology support Windows 7?
- While the application may run on Windows 7, nTopology cannot guarantee optimal performance on unsupported operating systems.
Does nTopology software run on Apple computers with Boot Camp?
- While the application may work Boot Camp, nTopology cannot guarantee optimal performance or offer support.
Does nTop Platform utilize Multi-threading?
- All implicit operations take advantage of multi-threading capabilities. Additionally, many simulation and meshing operations make use of multi-threading.
How are high-performance Graphics Card settings enabled?
- Take a look at the article on how to Configure an NVIDIA Graphics Card for High Performance.
Can the application be installed on a Virtual Machine?
- The software can run on a Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit Virtual Machine that satisfies the minimum Graphics Card requirements.