How can I see the inside of my part?
How can I section cut my part?
To see the inside of your part, you can use 'Section Cut'. Section Cut can be accessed in the main navigation bar under View. The shortcut to access Section Cut is hotkey ‘X’. When working with the Section Cut tool, you can continue making design changes while maintaining the section cut view and have the section update as you work.
The section tool works on all blocks in the Notebook except for Simulation blocks and voxel grids.
- Mode: Global or Selection
- Global: Allows multiple blocks to be selected to be section cut at once. If selected, all the currently visible blocks will be section cut.
- Selection: This mode isolates one specific object to section cut.
- Object: This parameter is used when the Selection Mode is enabled. Double left-click or begin typing the name of the block you want to see.
- Plane Size: The size of the plane that is used to cut the object. By default, it is sized to the approximate bounding box of the object.
- Center: The center point of where the section cut is occurring, which is taken from the bounding box centroid of the object.
- Plane Normal: The plane that the section cut is occurring, the directionality can be switched at any time. The normal can also be flipped at any time.
- Display Style: Shaded or Outline
- Outline: Has transparency at the edges of the 2D section for easier viewing of complex shapes.
- Shaded: Does not have transparency at the edges.
The User Interface Video was more instructive with regards to Section cut.
How would you section cut based on geometry? (not a plane, but a cube for example).
Please sign in to leave a comment.