Learn how to create a shelled and filled part by using basic blocks instead of custom blocks.
This tutorial builds on Basics 1: How to create a lightweight part using Toolkits
1. Add an Import Part block to bring your geometry into the program.
2. Once imported, double click on the different bodies to Convert CAD Body to Implicit.
3. Shell the Boundary Body in an inward direction.
4. Boolean Subtract the Shell from the Boundary Body to create the inner volume.
5. Add a Volume Lattice block and use the Inside Volume as the volume input.
6. Use a Thicken Body block to thicken the lattice and convert it to an Implicit Body in the same step.
7. Boolean Intersect the Inside Volume with the Thickened Lattice to clean up any small pieces.
8. Boolean Union the Shell with the final volume lattice of the previous step.
9. Boolean Subtract the underside from the Shell and Filled model.
And that’s it! You’ve successfully created a shell and filled part with a volume lattice. Try it again using a gyroid infill!
Are you still having issues? Contact the support team, and we’ll be happy to help!
Please sign in to leave a comment.