This video will take the workflow created in 1.2.0 Basics: Lightweighting with Blocks and turn it into a Custom Block.
Custom Blocks package up entire workflows to be used in new instances of nTop Platform. This allows you to easily and quickly repeat processes that can take multiple steps. Follow along with the video below to see how to make a Custom Block.
1. Extract important inputs by turning them into variables and moving them into the 'Inputs' section.
2. Add useful comments to each variable. These will show up in the Info Panel of the custom block.
3. Drag the variable chip of the final part into the 'Output' section. You will receive an error if you leave the Output blank!
4. Name your Notebook and give it a description. The name of the Notebook is the name of the Custom Block.
5. Save the file by naming it the same as the Notebook.
6. In a new instance of nTop Platform, go to File > Import and choose your file. Then, search for the name (Notebook name) in the search bar and it will show up. Choose this to add your custom block to your workflow!
Be sure to download the Custom Block below and then try turning one of your workflows into a Custom Block.