Learn how to create a Custom Block to re-use your workflow.
- This video takes the workflow created in Basics: Lightweighting with Blocks and turns it into a Custom Block.
Custom Blocks package up entire workflows to be used in new instances of nTop Platform. This allows you to easily and quickly repeat processes that can take multiple steps. Follow along with the video below to see how to make a Custom Block.
1. Extract important inputs by turning them into variables and moving them into the 'Inputs' section.
2. Add useful comments to each variable. These will show up in the Info Panel of the custom block.
3. Drag the variable chip of the final part into the 'Output' section. You will receive an error if you leave the Output blank!
4. Name your Notebook and give it a description. The name of the Notebook is the name of the Custom Block.
5. Save the file by naming it the same as the Notebook.
6. In a new instance of nTopology, go to File > Import and choose your file. Then, search for the name (Notebook name) in the search bar and it will show up. Choose this to add your custom block to your workflow!
And that’s it! You’ve successfully created a custom block.
Are you still having issues? Contact the support team, and we’ll be happy to help!