If you are looking for a place to start learning how to use nTop Platform, then this is the place for you. This is a beginner level video (6:07) where all of the steps will be shown in detail. This video expands on concepts learned in Get to know the User Interface and Blocks & The Notebook. In this video, I’ll be explaining lightweighting step by step. After watching this tutorial you should be able to:
- Import a part
- Convert a CAD body to an Implicit body
- Use Toolkits
- Use Boolean Operations
Be sure to download the example file to follow along.
Let’s get started.
And there you go! If you’ve followed the instructions in this video, you should now have a shelled and filled part. Now, you’ll be able to easily lightweight a part using toolkits.
1. Add an Import Part block to bring your geometry into the program.
2. Once imported, double click on the different bodies to Convert CAD Body to Implicit Body.
3. Use the Shell and Volume Lattice toolkit to easily create a lightweight part.
4. Boolean Subtract the smaller body from the main, lightweight, part.
If you still have questions our support team would be happy to help you.
Thanks for watching!