If you need help figuring out how to apply lattices to only specific regions of a design, you’re in the right place. In this example, I’ll walk you through the steps to lightweight a brake pedal by only generating a lattice in a specified area.
There are several ways to accomplish this task, but the most straightforward is to use your CAD system to split the part into multiple regions before importing to nTop.
You can do this by:
- Prepare your design by using CAD software to split the object into multiple regions.
- Import a multiple-body CAD file.
- Create a CAD Body Variable using the region you want to replace with lattice.
- Create a CAD Body Variable using the region you want to keep solid.
- Create a lattice structure using the specified CAD Body Variable.
- Join the lattice regions to the solid regions using the Boolean Union block.
And that’s it! You’ve successfully generated a lattice that only fills a specific region of the brake pedal.
Are you still having issues? Reach out to the support team, and we’ll be happy to help!