Create an FE Mesh for a Trimmed Shell Lattice.
- Simulating lattices
- Shell Lattice is too complex to use the FE Lattice Mesh block (Invalid Mesh Topology error appears)
1. Start with a Trim Lattice block to create a lattice.
2. Open the Properties of the Trim Lattice block and extract the 'faces as mesh' chip into the Notebook.
- To get to this property, expand thick lattice > lattice > faces as mesh.
3. Add a Simplify Mesh by Amount block.
- Set the Amount to 0.00001.
4. Add an FE Surface Mesh block.
- Set the Geometric order to Quadratic.
And that’s it! You’ve successfully created the FE Mesh for a complex shell lattice.
Are you still having issues? Contact the support team, and we’ll be happy to help!
Please sign in to leave a comment.