Add bumps to a surface when you start with a CAD part
1. Extract the CAD surfaces where you want the bumps to be and save them in a CAD Face List
2. Use Mesh from CAD Body on the Face List
3. Remesh Surface
4. Merge Meshes (to get rid of the list)
5. Add a Random Points on Mesh block and enter in the number of points you want to create (this will create the center points for the bumps)
6. Add a Sphere block and insert the Point List into the Center Point Input
7. Boolean Union the Spheres to itself to get rid of the lists
8. Boolean Union the Spheres with the original body to complete your part
And that’s it! You’ve successfully added bumps to the surface of your part.
Are you still having issues? Contact the support team, and we’ll be happy to help!