If you’re here, you’re probably trying to figure out the best ways to use nTop Platform to export both solid and or fluid domains to Ansys Fluent, and in this video, I’ll show you the process step by step.
An overview of the steps are:
- Generate Solid/Fluid bodies in nTop
- Generate/Export STL mesh in nTop
- Import STL mesh into Ansys Spaceclaim to define & capture the Boundary Condition surfaces
- Import *.scdoc into Ansys Fluent (with Meshing) using the Fault-tolerant meshing (FTM) workflow
- Describe and identify various aspects/regions of the geometry
- Generate the Volume Mesh + Inflation Layers (option for hexahedral/polyhedral/tet mesh)
- Set Up CFD using the surfaces captured in Spaceclaim
Before you begin feel free to click the Example File link below for a detailed presentation along with all the necessary files to follow along.
Now let’s get started!
And there you go! If you’ve followed the instructions in this video, you should now have exported your solid/fluids domains from nTopology into Ansys Fluent. Now, you’ll be able to run simulations on your nTop parts in Fluent.
If you still have questions the support team would be happy to help you.
Thanks for watching!
Download the Example file:
- Exporting FE data
- Thermal and Thermal Stress Analysis
- How can I export the displacement results from a simulation?