To create evenly distributed points on a surface
- Even Latticing
This article uses a Custom Block to create our desired outcome. If you are new to using Custom Blocks, learn how to import, modify, and update them with the following resources:
- Learning Center course:
1. This Custom Block runs off of a few required inputs. A few things to note about these are:
- The mesh input must be a surface mesh of the body.
- A unit must be specified in the point spacing input.
- The relaxation iterations input controls the number of iterations that are run to evenly distribute the points
- The random seed input specifies the seed value. Each seed value is essentially a different layout of the points.
And that’s it! You’ve successfully created evenly distributed points on a surface.